Thompson & Morgan Artichoke Green Globe Imp.
Artichoke Green Globe Improved is an artichoke with sharp spines greatly reduced and larger, heavier bearing, consistent quality globe-shaped heads. Height: 120-180cm (4-6ft).
Sow seeds outdoors in free draining soil in mid spring when the soil has warmed up. Sow 2-3 seeds in stations 30cm (12in) apart. Seed sown outdoors usually flowers the year after sowing.
Thin out so that there is one good plant every 6cm (4in). The thinnings can be transplanted.
After harvesting the main head, secondary heads will appear and these too can be used. In cold areas, cover the plant with a mulch of straw, compost or bracken to protect it through the winter.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Perennial
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: July, August, September
- No of Seeds: 40
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.