Thompson & Morgan Asparagus Mary Washington
A very strong growing and productive strain, Asparagus Martha Washington produces long, thick spears in May and early June. Suitable for freezing.
Sow outdoors in mid spring in a well prepared seed bed. Soak the seeds for 48 hours in warm water before sowing 5cm (2in) deep, 8cm (3in) apart in drills 30cm (12in) apart. Germination is slow. Seeds can also be started off under glass.
When large enough to handle thin out seedlings to 3cm (12in) apart, and grow on for a season, the following spring (late March/April) transplant to a well prepared, deeply dug bed to which plenty of well rotted compost has been added. Rows 1.2m (4ft) a
Do not harvest spears until plants are three years old. Cut down and compost the foliage in November to remove any eggs of the Asparagus Beetle.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Perennial
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: May to June
- No of Seeds: 40
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.