Thompson & Morgan Beet Morello
Visually stunning, with dark purple leaves and stems, ‚Morello‚ forms a dark purple root with purple-red flesh and distinctive white rings. This is a no-waste, eat-all beetroot - enjoy the leaves and stems as well as the root. Its compact growing habit makes it ideal for the smaller vegetable plot.
Sow thinly outdoors, 13mm (¬Ωin) deep in drills 30cm (12in) apart. Sow at 2-3 week intervals. Also ideal in patio containers.
Thin seedlings as necessary, to 2.5cm (1in) apart for ‚baby beets‚ or slightly wider spacing for larger roots. Keep well watered for most tender roots and to avoid bolting (running to seed). Roots, stems and leaves can be eaten raw or steamed when young.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Larger roots are ideal for baking or slicing raw into stir-fries. Shoots when young can be eaten like spinach and are rich in beta-carotene, calcium, iron and folic acid. Roots contain beta-cyanin and are a good source of manganese, a mineral needed for proper bone formation and energy metabolism.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: -
- Longevity: -
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: June to October
- No of Seeds: 150
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.