Uniform, round, smooth skinned roots with delicious deep crimson flesh. Roots do not go 'woody' or coarse and have good resistance against bolting (running to seed) even from earliest sowings.
Sow thinly, 1cm (1/2in) deep in drills 30cm (12in) apart.
Thin seedlings if necessary to 5cm (2in) apart when large enough to handle for 'baby beets', or to 7cm (3in) for larger beets. Harvest when roots reach about 4cm (11/2in) in diameter or more. The smaller the roots the more tender. Beet can be stored by lifting the remaining roots; twist off the tops and store in boxes of slightly damp sand in frost-free sheds or garages.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: June to October
- No of Seeds: 150
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.