Thompson & Morgan Broccoli RomanescoAsk a Question
Created a great deal of interest when grown at the Scottish Horticultural Research Institute, yet it is very widely grown in Northern Italy. The 'spears' can be snapped off individually or all together. Broccoli Romanesco has a taste and texture exceeding the finest broccoli and to really appreciate the flavour it should be cooked and served individually with melted butter.
Sow seeds in a well raked, firm, seed bed in late spring in drills 10mm (½in) deep and keep moist. Sowing can also be made under glass at this time.
Transplant the seedlings 45x45cm (18x18in) apart, when they have made 2-3 true leaves. For best results grow in a rich, fertile soil and water regularly.
Romanesco is ready in late autumn and the whole head need not be harvested all at once - just snap off the individual heads you need. Romanesco should not be grown on the same piece of ground two years running or follow other Brassicas (Cabbages, Sprouts etc).
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: October, November, December
- No of Seeds: 275
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.