Thompson & Morgan Brussels Sprout Attwood
British breeding has brought us these sprouts which can be harvested from December to January. Plants stand well in condition and the well-spaced, round buttons stay remarkably clean. Pick when small to medium-sized to enjoy sweet-tasting sprouts over winter.
Sow in individual pots or a seed tray of good seed compost and cover with 6mm (¬ºin) of compost or vermiculite, at a minimum of 15°C (60°F), until germination which takes around 7 days. Alternatively, can be sown thinly in a prepared seedbed 13mm (¬Ωin) deep, allowing 30cm (12in) between rows.
Transplant when large enough to handle during June, into well-prepared, firm soil allowing 75cm (30in) between plants each way. Plant firmly to reduce risk of poor quality buttons and to avoid plants leaning over. Water until established. Earth up the soil around plants as necessary to increase stability. Remove yellowing leaves to improve air circulation and reduce disease risks. Pick lowest sprouts first and work up the stem.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: -
- Longevity: -
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: December to January
- No of Seeds: 30
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.