Thompson & Morgan Cabbage Chinese Scarvita F1 Hybrid
Unique red-hearted Chinese cabbage (or chinese leaves) best grown as an autumn crop for optimum quality. The intense red heart leaves fade to pink at the base making very attractive additions to salads and stir-fries. Fully-formed hearts can be harvested from 75 days.
Sow in individual pots or a seed tray of good seed compost and cover with 6mm (¬ºin) of compost or vermiculite. Maintain a minimum temperature of 15°C (60°F) until germination which will take around 5-7 days. Alternatively, sow thinly directly into a prepared seedbed at a depth of 12mm (¬Ωin) deep, allowing 30cm (12in) between rows.
Transplant when large enough to handle, after about 4 weeks from sowing to 30cm (12in) between rows and 30cm (12in) between plants in the row. Plant firmly and keep well watered until established. Use fleece to protect against caterpillars and aphids as necessary.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: August to November
- No of Seeds: 15
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.