Thompson & Morgan Californian Poppy Rose ChiffonAsk a Question
Beautiful semi-double, pink flowers with delightful frilled petals. Californian poppies are easy to grow and will thrive in almost any well-drained soil type. They are tolerant of drought and look fabulous planted along pathways or in gravel.
Direct sow outdoors where they are to grow from March to May or in September for overwintering. Autumn sowings will flower in late spring. Choose a position in full sun on any well-drained soil which has been raked to a fine tilth. Sow seeds thinly, at a depth of 1cm (1/2in) in drills spaced 15cm (6in) apart and cover seed with its own depth of soil to exclude light. Water the ground regularly, especially during dry periods. When seedlings are large enough to handle, thin them out to 15cm (6in) apart.
Alternatively, sow California poppies indoors from February to March at a temperature of 15-21°C (60-70°F). When seedlings are large enough to handle, transplant and grow them on in cooler conditions until large enough to plant outdoors.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - F
- Category: Flower
- Hardiness: -
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: May to August
- Harvesting Period: -
- No of Seeds: 100
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.