Thompson & Morgan Carrot Adelaide F1 HybridAsk a Question
Carrot Adelaide is one of the earliest maturing varieties available. Short tops with smooth skinned, cylindrical roots, filling out quickly to give a crunchy sweet flavour. Ideal for sowing early in cold frames. Be the first to pull carrots this spring! Seeds are in the RHS Vegetable Collection.
Sow January to February under cloches/frames. Sow March to August outdoors. Sow seeds thinly in well prepared, fertile soil 1-2cm (½ to ¾in) deep In broad drills. No thinning necessary for hunching carrots, otherwise thin to 2-2.5cm (¾ to 1in) or give slightly wider spacings if larger roots are required. Allow 15cm (6in) between each drill.
Water only if necessary as excessive water may encourage leaf growth instead of roots. Earth up growing roots to prevent green crowns. Cover later sowings with fleece or fine netting to minimise carrot fly infestation. Water soil beforehand if dry to m
Prefers well drained, moist, rich, cool conditions.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: AGM Range
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: June, July, August, September, October, November
- No of Seeds: 400
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.