Thompson & Morgan Carrot Fly Away F1 Hybrid
Approximate root length: 12-15cms (5-6 inches). British bred with partial Carrot Fly resistance, due to lower levels of chlorogenic acid within the developing roots. Carrot Flyaway is naturally sweet, producing early blunt ended roots, with good skin and flesh colour. Tried and tested by thousands of T&M gardeners. This variety is based on original breeding work carried out by Dr Bob Ellis and sponsored by MAFF funding.
Carrots prefer a deep, rich, well drained soil which does not contain fresh manure or compost. Sow seeds spring to mid summer in drills 1cm (¬Ωin) deep, spaced 30cm (12in) apart.
As soon as the seedlings are large enough to handle, start thinning them out so that they are finally 1cm (4in) apart.
The last thinnings should provide tender roots just large enough to be used. Harvest summer and autumn.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: August to October
- No of Seeds: 400
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.