Thompson & Morgan Chard Fire Fresh
Grown for its long harvest season as leaves can be used at ‘baby leaf’, midi and fully mature stages, either raw in salads or gently cooked. The shiny bright green leaves with their strong red stems are highly nutritious. Plants show excellent resistance to downy mildew and Cercospora leaf spot.
Sow seed thinly, 1cm (½in) deep in drills 30cm (12in) apart. Sow at 2-3 week intervals for continuity.
Thin seedlings to 7cm (3in) apart for ‘baby leaves’, to 15cm (6in) apart for larger chards/leaves, or 23cm (9in) for mature plants. If growing as a ‘baby leaf’ these will be ready to harvest in approximately 50 days from sowing. Harvest stems as required, picking only a few from each plant.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steam and serve with butter. Delicious!
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: -
- Longevity: -
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: May to October
- No of Seeds: 200
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.