Thompson & Morgan Climbing Bean Borlotto Lingua (Firetongue)
A multi-purpose Italian speciality, either for fresh young pods as flageolets (semi-mature pods with succulent seeds) or more usually as haricots (full mature pods with ripe seeds). Spectacular, flattish, pale green pods are heavily splashed with reddish streaks which disappear on cooking.
Sow seed 4cm (1½ in) deep in 7.5cm (3 in) pots or trays of good seed compost. Place in a propagator or sealed container inside a polythene bag and place at 18-21C (65-70F) until after germination which takes 7-10 days. Can also be sown direct outdoors once the soil has warmed sufficiently. Sow in 15cm (6in) apart, 4cm (1½ in) deep.
Gradually acclimatise to outdoor conditions for a few days before planting out after all risk of frost has passed. Grow as for Runner Beans and support with canes or netting.
Hoe regularly and keep well watered, especially when flowering. Mulch during dry periods.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: P&B
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Half hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: June to October
- No of Seeds: 75
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.