Thompson & Morgan Climbing Bean CobraAsk a Question
Massive crops of mid green, smooth, round, stringless pods about 18cm (7in) long. Climbing Bean Cobra is a highly attractive mauve flowered variety, a delight in the border, and with an exceptional flavour. Huge yields of these flavoursome beans over a long cropping season. Seeds are in the RHS Vegetable Collection.
Sow mid April in pots indoors, plant out from end May. Sow early May - July (outdoors). Can be sown in March for protected growing in greenhouse/polytunnel. Sow 4-5cm (1½ to 2in) deep in a well prepared soil. It is best to erect supports before planting. Allow 2 plants per pole placed at 15-20cm (6 to 8in) apart as a structure or grow up netting or a 4 cane wigwam. Allow about 1 metre (3ft) between wigwams.
Water copiously during dry weather, particularly when flowers are forming, as roots must never be allowed to dry out. Mulch heavily with compost/grass cuttings. Pinch out once plants have reached the tops of supports. Pick regularly to ensure continuous
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: AGM Range
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Half hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: July, August, September, October
- No of Seeds: 40
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.