Thompson & Morgan Courgette Black Forest F1 Hybrid
Unique climbing habit, saving space, and best grown in containers on the patio. Stems can be trained and tied to a trellis, stout cane, or netting and will produce dark green, cylindrical 15cm (6in) fruits in abundance if picked regularly.
Sow seed 19mm (in) deep in 7.5cm (3in) pots of free-draining compost. Place in a propagator or seal container inside a polythene bag and place at 20-25C (68-77F) until after germination which takes 5-7 days.
Gradually acclimatise to outdoor conditions for a few days before planting out once all risk of frost has passed, allowing 60cm (24in) between plants if they are to be supported. Keep well watered and pick fruits regularly for a long season of production. Can also be sown direct outdoors once the soil has warmed during May, preferably under cloches.
Youngest fruits are delicious raw, just diced up in a mixed salad.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Half Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: July until first frost
- No of Seeds: 4
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.