Thompson & Morgan Cucumber Burpless Tasty GreenAsk a Question
Yes, it's true. No indigestion problems with this cucumber. Cucumber Burpless Tasty Green produces cucumbers that are crisp and delicious, with no bitterness and ideal to eat just like celery. Pick at 20-25cm (8-10in) long when flavour and vitamin content is very high. Very easy to grow.
Sow seeds in mid spring 1cm (½in) deep in 8cm (3in) pots of moist compost. Germination usually takes 7-10 days at 21-24C (70-75F).
Gradually acclimatise the plants to outdoor conditions before planting outdoors after all risk of frost has passed 6cm (24in) apart. Plant in a sunny sheltered spot, in fertile moist but well drained soil and keep well watered.
Pinch out the growing point when 6 leaves have been made and train the shoots produced up netting, trellis etc. Do not remove the male flowers from this variety. Harvest the fruits before they reach full size for improved quality and better cropping. Tasty Green also grows happily in a greenhouse.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Half hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: June to October
- No of Seeds: 10
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.