Cupressus Sempervirens Gracilis 80-100 CL9Ask a Question
Gracilis is a conifer valued for its slender, upright habit, and architectural form. It bears fine, dark green foliage which is held densely on upright branches as it grows to 3 m tall and 70 cm wide. It performs best when planted in full sun on a well-drained, moderately sheltered site, though it is tolerant of frost, cool climates, dry periods, and a wide range of soil types, except extreme wet or dry. Gracilis is a fantastic landscaping plant and is great for bringing height and depth to plantings. It is often planted in a series or to serve as pillars at an entranceway and suits being included in a mixed planting.
- Common Name: Italian Cypress
- Family: Cupressaceae
- Origin: -
- Great For: Containers, Hedging, Parks, Pool areas, Screening
- Awards: -
- Foliage: Evergreen
- Soil: Chalk, Clay, Loam, Sand, pH - Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Moisture: Well-drained
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Form: Columnar/Upright
- Supplied Size Height: 80-100cm
- Supplied Pot Size: CL9
- Root Type: Potted
- After years of growth: 20-50
- Height: 8-10m
- Spread: -m
PLANTING & CARE
Planting & Aftercare Advice
After planting it is important to ensure that your Italian Cypress is well watered but not soggy or waterlogged to help ensure root establishment. New trees are likely to need soaking once or twice a week but this can be more often during hot weather. This is essential for the first year after planting.
You can trim your Italian Cypress tree immediately after planting by trimming any shoots or branches that break the shape of the hedge. This encourages new growth to ensure the tree grows as thickly as possible and should be done twice a year. Once the hedge is established and mature the hedge should be trimmed up to three times during the growing season (April – August).
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
DELIVERY & RETURNS
We deliver Plants and Trees all over Northern Ireland. The price shown is the 'collected' price; an additional delivery fee may apply.
- Automatic free delivery when you spend a minimum of £100.
- For smaller orders, please contact us for a competitive delivery quotation.
Delivery is made to your driveway or another area that is an accessible area of 'hard standing' where a large van can safely navigate at the address listed on the delivery schedule.
We have two kinds of delivery depending on the size of the tallest tree in your order - Standard Size and Oversized.
Standard plants and trees can be delivered by our own vehicles and are also suitable for pallet delivery.
Oversized plants are specified on the product page. Oversized plants and trees can only be delivered by our own vehicles and are not suitable for pallet delivery.
Deliveries are usually made within 7 working days. Our standard delivery days are Monday to Friday between 9 am and 5 pm. Please contact us by email if you have particular delivery requirements.