Thompson & Morgan Dianthus Red GemAsk a Question
Ideal for containers, rockeries, ground cover and cut flowers. Compact low growing plants with attractive blue green foliage. A mass of small bright red flowers are produced for several weeks.
SOWING INSTRUCTIONS: Sow Dianthus seeds indoors from February to April on the surface of lightly firmed, moist seed compost in pots or trays and cover with a fine sprinkling of compost or vermiculite. Place in a propagator or seal container inside a polythene bag and keep at a temperature of between 18-20°C (64-68°F). After sowing, do not exclude light as this helps germination. Keep the surface of the compost moist but not waterlogged; germination usually takes 14 - 30 days.
GROWING INSTRUCTIONS: When seedlings are large enough to handle, transplant into 7.5cm (3in) pots and grow on in cooler conditions. Gradually acclimatise to cooler conditions for a few weeks before planting out after all risk of frost. Plant at a distance of 23cm (9in) apart on any fertile, well drained soil in full sun.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: Premium Perennials
- Category: Flower
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Perennial
- Flowering Period: July to September
- Harvesting Period: -
- No of Seeds: 100
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.