Thompson & Morgan Echinacea purpurea magnus
An outstanding selection of the 'Cone Flower', distinguished by the warm bright colour of its exceptionally large flowers. The slender elegance and formality of its petals give it a style that will add class to larger flower arrangements. In the border it is no less valuable on account of its robust strong stems and general vigour which give 'Magnus' good wind and weather resistance. Flower in their first season from an early sowing. Flowers mid summer to winter. Height 1m (36 inches).
Sow early spring at 20-24C (70-75F) in a good seed compost just covering the seed with compost. Keep soil damp but not wet. Do not exclude light, sealing in a polythene bag after sowing is helpful. Germination usually takes 10-21 days.
When seedlings are large enough to handle, transplant and grow on in cooler conditions. Gradually acclimatise to outdoor conditions for 1-15 days before planting out after all risk of frost 45cm (18in) apart in sun and ordinary well drained soil.
Flowering is prolonged if the flower stalks are cut off as soon as the flowers fade.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - F
- Category: Flower
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Perennial
- Flowering Period: Summer
- Harvesting Period: -
- No of Seeds: 25
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.