Thompson & Morgan Herb Basil Crimson King
New British breeding for a 100% all purple leaved type with increased vigour and uniformity, and traditional cupped Genovese shaped leaves. An excellent ornamental edible, ideal grown on the windowsill, or in containers or baskets outdoors in the summer.
Sow seed on the surface of good, free-draining seed compost. Cover with a fine sprinkling of vermiculite. Place in a propagator or seal container inside a polythene bag and place at 20-25C (68-77F) until after germination which takes 14-21 days. Do not exclude light, as this helps germination. Keep compost barely moist until seedlings emerge to avoid stem rots.
Transplant when large enough to handle into 7.5cm (3in) pots. Grow on in cooler conditions for a few days before planting out after risk of frost, 30cm (12in) apart, or into containers.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Half hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: June to October
- No of Seeds: 150
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.