Thompson & Morgan Herb Basil Siam Queen
A very fragrant selection and distinct improvement over other Thai Basils. Basil Siam Queen has an extra large leaf size and large plants mean more of that intense liquorice fragrance. The bright green leaves make an attractive foil for the purple-red stems which bear violet-pink flowers. Basil Siam Queen is superb as a container plant on the patio where you can smell its aroma. Excellent for bedding edging and the vegetable or flower garden. Height 20-30cm (8-12in).
Sow seeds 1.5mm (1/16in) deep in good seed sowing compost from Late February to late April. Germination takes 7-14 days at 65-70F (18-20C).
When large enough to handle transplant the seedlings to boxes or 7.5cm (3in) pots and when well grown gradually acclimatise to outdoor conditions. Plant out in May after all risk of frost has passed 3cm (12in) apart in full sun and well drained soil. F
Save one or two plants to grow indoors on a sunny windowsill. Pick the leaves anytime for fresh use; for drying pick as the flowers start to open.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Half hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: June to October
- No of Seeds: 75
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.