Thompson & Morgan Herb Chervil
One of the most deliciously flavoured of culinary herbs, widely used on the Continent, Chervil is one of the few winter hardy herbs for all-year-round fresh use. It has a rich savoury taste of its own often said to resemble that of caraway, which blends well with fish and meat. The leaves can be chopped and used in salads, stews, herb butter, dressings, etc., or used as a garnish in the same way as parsley. Height 45cm (18in).
Sow seeds from spring to summer at intervals for a regular supply of fresh leaves, 1cm (¬Ωin) deep in rows 30cm ( 12in) apart in ordinary garden soil which has been raked to a fine tilth.
Thin out the seedlings to 15cm (6in) and finally 3cm (12in) apart.
They will grow in sun or part shade and the leaves are ready to be picked 6-8 weeks after sowing. An autumn sowing can be made for production of fresh leaves through the winter if grown in a cool greenhouse.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: All year
- No of Seeds: 750
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.