Thompson & Morgan Herb Chives
Savoury garnish adding zest to any salad. Try chive butter or frozen chive cubes. Companion Plant: Grow chives close to carrots as it is said to improve their growth and deter carrot fly and next to roses to help control black spot. Also makes excellent organic insecticide.
Prepare the ground well and rake to a fine tilth before sowing, Sow seeds early spring outdoors 12mm (¬Ωin) deep in rows 30cm (12in) apart. They can also be started off under glass and planted out later. Germination usually takes 6-21 days at 18-21C (65-70F).
When large enough to handle thin out to 15cm (6in) apart and transplant in late spring to their final positions 3cm (12in) apart.
They prefer ordinary well drained garden soil, sun or part shade.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Perennial
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: March to December
- No of Seeds: 700
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.