Thompson & Morgan Herb Chives (Organic)Ask a Question
This perennial member of the onion family is undemanding and easy to grow, returning year after year, and attracting bees and butterflies to its pretty pink blooms. Chives are an essential addition to the herb garden. Their leaves and edible flowers make them indispensable for garnishing potato salad, soups and other savoury dishes.
March to June, in pots or trays on the surface of barely moist seed compost and cover with a sprinkling of finely sieved compost. Place in a propagator until germination. Can also be sown outdoors in a sunny spot 7mm deep in rows 20cm apart.
Transplant seedlings in bunches to small pots or cells until large enough to plant outdoors. Plant 30cm apart in well prepared soil in full sun, once risk of frost has passed. Can be grown in a pot indoors for a long season of use.
HARVESTING: May onwards. Good winter hardiness for a long season of cutting.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: Organic
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: -
- Longevity: -
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: May to November
- No of Seeds: 250
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.