Thompson & Morgan Herb Comfrey
The leaves of Comfrey (Symphytum), which can be harvested several times a season, are used as a compost activator helping the breakdown of other compost materials. Also used as a mulch, or is superb used as a liquid manure on tomato and potatoes plants. Comfrey grows in any soil, preferably moist, in sun or part shade. Height to 120cm (4ft).
Sow seeds March to June in a seedbed or in pots indoors. Sow seeds thinly, 12mm (¬Ωin) deep in drills 30cm (12in) apart. Seeds can also be sown in pots or trays under glass and transplanted.
Transplant when large enough to handle to 6cm (2ft) apart between plants.
Keep well-watered until established. Cut leaves regularly throughout the summer and autumn.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Perennial
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: July to October
- No of Seeds: 30
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.