A dual purpose annual herb, Coriander is grown for its seeds or fresh young leaves. Coriander seeds are delicious in cakes and when crushed, add an orangey flavour to meat dishes. The young leaves of Coriander are often called 'Cilantro'; finely chop and add to chicken soup to give it a Latin touch or soak the crushed seeds in hot water and add the liquid only to cubes of pork simmering in tomatoes for a real Mexican flavour. Height: 15-70cm (6-28in).
Sow seeds in spring, 1cm (½in) deep in rows 30cm (12in) apart in ordinary garden soil which has been raked to a fine tilth.
Thin out the seedlings to 13cm (5in) apart.
They prefer full sun and ordinary garden soil. Harvest the young green leaves sparingly once the seedlings are 15cm (6in) tall and for seed, pull off the seed heads when they become brown but don't leave them too long on the plant or they will disperse themselves. An excellent herb for slightly shaded areas.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: All year
- No of Seeds: 150
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.