Also known as the Maggi Plant. The leafstalks and stem bases can be blanched and eaten as a substitute for celery. Chop the young leaves into salads, soups, omelettes, stews and casseroles. The seeds are often used to flavour soups, breads and biscuits.
Sow seed thinly, 13mm (1/2in) deep in drills 30cm(12in) apart in a well prepared seedbed in full sun or partial shade.
Transplant seedlings to 45cm (18in) apart. Keep well watered.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Perennial
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: May to November
- No of Seeds: 75
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.