Thompson & Morgan Herb Sage
Ideal for rich foods plus traditional sage and onion stuffing with duck and goose. A useful gargle for sore throats. And don't forget that Sage also looks great in the perennial border. Companion Plant: Reputed to ward off carrot fly planted next to carrots. With cabbage said to improve their flavour and digestibility and to repel Cabbage Moth and Cabbage White Butterfly.
Sow seeds in early spring in good free draining seed compost, just covering the seed. Germination usually takes 10-21 days at 21-24C (70-75F).
When seedlings are large enough to handle transplant into 8cm (3in) pots, grow cool and finally plant out 38cm (15in) apart into a sunny spot in free draining soil.
For best results, provide any well-drained soil in full sun, however try to avoid acidic soils. The flavour of the leaves will be best in warm, dry conditions. To keep plants bushy, prune in spring to encourage new shoots with strong flavour. Harvest leaves as and when required once plants are well grown.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Shrub
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: June to September
- No of Seeds: 75
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.