Thompson & Morgan Honesty (Lunaria or Silver Dollar)
It blooms from March to april in rich, purples, pinks and starry bi-coloured combinations with white. It's a vital nectar plant and therefore popular with butterflies, very easy to grow, normally self-seeding itself in sunny or shady positions. Over a long season it produces masses of silvery pods.
Sow thinly outdoors in late spring-early summer in drills 3mm (1/8in) deep. 30cm (12in) apart. Keep the soil damp until germination takes place and if the seedlings become crowded, thin out to 15cm (6in) apart.
In autumn transplant to their flowering site 3cm (12in) apart. Cut the stems bearing seed pods the following early autumn and hang in bunches upside down in a cool airy room to dry.
Gently remove the outer seed casing before using them for floral decoration.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - F
- Category: Flower
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Biennial
- Flowering Period: April, May, June
- Harvesting Period: -
- No of Seeds: 50
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.