Thompson & Morgan Kale Scarlet
An eastern European variety with highly decorative red veined leaves intensifying in colour as winter approaches. Mature plants show excellent winter hardiness. Kale supplies fresh greens at a time when the vegetable plot can look rather bare.
Sow seed thinly in a well prepared seedbed, 12mm (¬Ωin) deep in drills 23cm (9in) apart.
Transplant when large enough to handle, about 5 weeks from sowing to 50cm (20in) between plants each way. Plant firmly and keep well watered until established. Fleece against caterpillar and aphid as necessary, and net against pigeons during the winter.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: -
- Longevity: -
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: February to May
- No of Seeds: 200
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.