Thompson & Morgan Kale Yurok F1
Plants have a compact habit with shorter, more heavily blistered leaves than other varieties and stand well without yellowing. Harvest the leaves 70 days from transplant from the base of the stem upwards, leaving the top leaves for further re-growth - there‚s no waste as all the leaves are eventually harvested.
Sow in individual pots or a seed tray of good seed compost and cover with 6mm (¬ºin) of vermiculite of compost and maintain at a minimum temperature of 15C (60F) until germination which takes 5-7 days. Alternatively, seed can be sown thinly 12mm (¬Ωin) deep in a prepared seedbed outside, allowing 30cm (12in) between rows.
Transplant seedlings when large enough to handle after about 5 weeks from sowing to 50cm (20in) between rows and 37cm (14.5in) between plants in the row. Plant firmly and keep well-watered until established. Use fleece to protect against caterpillar and aphid attack as necessary, and use netting to protect against pigeons during the winter.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: July to December
- No of Seeds: 30
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.