Thompson & Morgan Leek Autumn Giant 2Ask a Question
Performs outstandingly whether sown early or late and does well over a long season. Leek Autumn Giant 2 Argenta matures in October, yet stands ready for harvest right through to May, giving high quality, thick, long and very heavy stems, of excellent mild flavour and yield with few bolters. NIAB Recommended.
Leeks prefer ordinary well drained soil in sun or semi shade and can follow early peas or potatoes. Sow seeds in early spring outdoors in a well prepared seed bed. Sow seeds thinly 1cm (½ inch) deep in drills 23cm (9inches) apart.
In early summer lift the seedlings carefully and plant 15 to 38cm (6 to 15 inches) apart, making 15cm (6 inches) deep holes and inserting seedlings as far as the first leaf. Then fill the hole with water NOT SOIL. Earth up the stems as growth develops
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Biennial
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: September to December
- No of Seeds: 150
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.