Thompson & Morgan Leek Blauwgroene Herfst- Murcia
The ideal leek for extra hardiness in winter, Leek ‚Blauwgroene Herfst- Murcia‚ is a variety that can be harvested from October through to January. For best results, plant out from mid-June to mid-July and earth up from late August to help to increase the length of the tasty stems.
Sow indoors 4-5 seeds in 5cm (2in) pots or used vending cups, or very thinly in a seed tray of good quality seed compost. Cover with 6mm (¬ºin) of vermiculite or compost, and maintain at a temperature of 15-20°C (59-68°F) until germination. Outside, sow thinly, 1cm (¬Ωin) deep in drills 30cm (12in) apart in soil which has been raked to a fine tilth.
Carefully lift when plants are large enough to handle and transplant from mid-June to mid-July to 23-25cm (9-10in) apart in the row and 45cm (18in) between rows, using a trowel or dibber, and water in. Keep watered during dry weather. Earth up the stems during the growing season to increase the length of the blanched stem.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: -
- Longevity: -
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: February to April
- No of Seeds: 100
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.