Thompson & Morgan Leek Porbella
An outstanding garden variety with excellent winter hardiness and good resistance to rust. Leek ‚Porbella‚ produces good yields of sturdy, pure white, thick stems with dark green leaves. The mature leeks are ready for harvesting from October to February for a long season of use.
Direct sow outdoors at a depth of 1cm (¬Ωin) into a well prepared seedbed, for transplanting to their final positions later on. Alternatively sow leek seed indoors from January to February at a depth of 1cm (¬Ωin), in modules using free-draining, seed sowing compost. Place in a propagator or seal container inside a polythene bag at a temperature of 10-15°C (50-59°F) until after germination which usually takes 14 -21 days. Once germinated, grow leek plants on in cool conditions until all risk of frost has passed.
When leeks are at least 20cm (8in) tall, gradually acclimatise them to outdoor conditions over 7-10 days before transplanting them into the well prepared, rich fertile, well drained soil in sun or semi shade. Leave 23cm (9in) between plants and 30cm (12in) between rows. Alternatively grow leeks in patio bags of good quality compost. Using a large, thick dibber, create each planting hole to a depth of 15cm (6in) and lower the leeks into the holes ensuring that they reach the bottom. Fill each hole with water, washing sufficient soil around the plants to ensure that they can establish. Cover with a protective netting or fleece to prevent attack from birds and insects. Water the plants thoroughly after planting.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Biennial
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: October, November, December, January, February
- No of Seeds: 50
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.