Thompson & Morgan Lettuce Leaf Basil
The largest leaved basil producing very large, bright green, slightly puckered leaves with a similar taste and aroma to the very popular Genovese basil. Makes the perfect addition to pesto and adds an aromatic flavour to tomato and egg dishes.
Sow seed on the surface of good, free-draining, seed compost. Cover with a fine sprinkling of vermiculite. Place in a propagator or seal container inside a polythene bag and place at 20-25°C (68-77°F) until after germination which takes 14-21 days. Do not exclude light, as this helps germination. Keep compost on the dry side at all times, water lightly as seedlings emerge.
Transplant seedlings when large enough to handle into 7.5cm (3in) pots. Grow on in cooler conditions for a few weeks before planting out after all risk of frost, 30cm (12in) apart.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: -
- Longevity: -
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: All year
- No of Seeds: 250
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.