Thompson & Morgan Onion Ailsa Craig
A splendid exhibition variety of golden merit producing large globe shaped onions with a rich, golden straw coloured skin. As well as being a super show variety, Onion Ailsa Craig is also one of the best varieties for general cultivation producing large onions with an excellent mild flavour. Onion Ailsa Craig can also be autumn sown.
Sow seeds during mid-late winter in a good seed compost, just covering the seeds with compost. Germination takes 14-21 days at 19-21C (65-70F). Higher temperatures may prevent germination.
Transplant seedlings when 36mm (1¬Ωin) high into 9cm (3¬Ωin) pots. Making sure the tiny bulb is not covered. When well rooted move to a cold frame and plant out in early spring at 38cm (15in) apart in a sunny spot in a rich fertile soil.
Keep the soil moist during dry spells. As the leaves start to yellow bend over the tops, leave 14 days then lift and store when thoroughly ripened.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: August to September
- No of Seeds: 250
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.