Thompson & Morgan Onion Bedfordshire ChampionAsk a Question
A very popular and reliable variety for well over 100 years. Ideally suited to our climate producing large globe shaped, golden brown skinned bulbs with crisp white flesh. Late summer maturity. Well grown bulbs have excellent storing capabilities. Grows best in well-drained, rich soil in full sun.
Sow seeds mid March to April. Sow seeds thinly, 1cm (½in) deep, in drills 30cm (12in) apart.
When large enough to handle, thin seedlings to 7-1cm (3-4in) apart for medium sized bulbs, or slightly wider spacing if larger bulbs are required.
Keep well watered during dry weather especially during early stages of growth as the bulb swells. Do not bend leaves over, just wait for them to yellow and wither naturally, then lift bulbs on a sunny day and leave on soil surface to dry. Store sound and unblemished bulbs in trays or used tights in a dry, airy but frost free site for use throughout the winter.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: August, September
- No of Seeds: 250
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.