Thompson & Morgan Onion Isobel Rose
British breeding of unusual rose-pink skin maincrop bulb onions with long storage potential. The skin and flesh colour deepens on storage, giving a milder flavour with less pungency compared to red onions.
Sow seed indoors in individual pots or a seed tray at a depth of 6mm (¬ºin) using free-draining, seed-sowing compost. Place in a propagator or seal container inside a polythene bag at a temperature of 15-20°C (59-68°F) until after germination which usually takes 10-12 days. Once germinated, grow on at a temperature of 10-15°C (50-59°F) until all risk of frost has passed and plants are large enough to plant outdoors at a distance of 10cm (4in) apart. Cover with a protective netting or fleece to prevent attack from birds and insects. Water thoroughly after planting and as bulbs swell.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: -
- Longevity: -
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: March to May
- No of Seeds: 300
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.