Thompson & Morgan Onion Red Baron F1 Hybrid
A mid-late maturing variety, Onion Red Baron has flattish-round bulbs of a beautiful dark red colour. Onion Red Baron is an excellent cropper producing attractive, firm well flavoured bulbs which keep well.
Sow seeds from late spring. A rich firm, well drained soil in full sun is required. Sow seeds thinly when the soil surface is dry and workable, 1cm (¬Ωin) deep in drills 30cm (12in) apart after raking to a fine tilth.
When large enough to handle thin to 5cm (2in) and then 1cm (4in) apart.
As the leaves start to yellow, bend over the tops, leave for 14 days or so then lift and store when thoroughly ripened.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: August to October
- No of Seeds: 175
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.