Thompson & Morgan Onion Red Herald
British breeding brings us this high-quality red onion variety with a more uniform shape, darker red skin and longer storage potential than ‚Red Baron‚. An added bonus is its excellent resistance to bolting. ‚Red Herald‚ will suit those who like a red onion with a strong distinctive taste.
Sow seed indoors in individual pots or a seed tray at a depth of 6mm (¬ºin) using free-draining, seed-sowing compost. Place in a propagator or seal container inside a polythene bag at a temperature of 15-20°C (59-68°F) until after germination which usually takes 10-12 days. Once germinated, grow on at 10-15°C (50-59°F) until all risk of frost has passed and plants are large enough to plant outdoors at a distance of 10cm (4in) apart. Cover with a protective netting or fleece to prevent attack from birds and insects. Water thoroughly after planting and as bulbs swell.
Alternatively, sow outdoors mid March to mid April thinly at a depth of 1cm (¬Ωin) and a distance of 30cm (12in) between rows.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: -
- Longevity: -
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: July to September
- No of Seeds: 200
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.