Thompson & Morgan Onion Redlander F1
The first red onion variety to boast high resistance to downy mildew which can affect quality and yield. Careful breeding has produced this Rijnsburgertype onion with round bulbs and great storage potential. Its mild flavour makes it ideal for slicing raw in salads or atop a burger, or adding to any number of cooked dishes.
Sow seed thinly, 1cm (¬Ωin) deep, in drills 30cm (12in) apart.
When large enough to handle, thin seedlings to 5cm (2in) apart. Later, thin out to 10cm (4in) apart. As the leaves start to yellow, bend over the tops, leave for 14 days then lift for storing once thoroughly ripened.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Chopped red onion makes a great addition to a potato and mayonnaise salad at a summer barbeque.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: -
- Longevity: -
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: August to October
- No of Seeds: 100
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.