Thompson & Morgan Parsley Hamburg Arat
Very popular across Europe, both the leaves and the roots are used in a variety of dishes and are highly nutritious, containing vitamins K, C, A, folate, iron, potassium and dietary fibre. Leaves can be used in the same ways as traditional parsley and taste like the Italian flat leaf variety. Roots have a distinctive, aromatic taste with hints of celery and carrot.
Sow thinly, 1cm (¬Ωin) deep in drills 45cm (18in) apart. Sow clusters of 3 seeds every 15cm (6in) and thin out to the strongest seedling after germination. Germination can be very slow, often 25-30 days. Harvest the roots from September onwards, leaving them in the ground if required. Alternatively, lift and store in boxes of barely moist soil or sand.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Roots can be baked, roasted or mashed and they are delicious used with other roots/tubers in soups and casseroles, adding a distinctive aromatic taste.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: -
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: September to November or Christmas from a later planting
- No of Seeds: 200
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.