Thompson & Morgan Parsnip Tender & TrueAsk a Question
Parsnip Tender & True is probably the best flavoured variety to use for both the kitchen and exhibition. Good canker resistance.
For long parsnips you need a deeply dug soil which has been manured for a previous crop. However, they will do well on ordinary well drained and cultivated soil. Sow seeds April to June, 1cm (½ inch) deep in drills 30cm (12 inches) apart. Sow clusters of 4 seeds every 20cm (8 inches) and thin out to the strongest seedlings after germination. Germination is very slow and it is helpful to sow a pinch of lettuce seeds between each cluster of seeds. They will mark the row and can be cut before the parsnips need the room.
Harvest the roots from autumn onwards, leaving them in the ground until required.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: January, February, September, October, November, December
- No of Seeds: 300
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.