Pea Eddy is perfect for a late harvest, thanks to new Continental breeding in mildew resistance. Highly resistant to powdery mildew in our UK field trials, remaining problem-free well into November – can be sown as late as first week of August for a crop before the frosts. Also sow in spring for summer crops of long, slightly curved, pointed pods.
Direct sow peas outdoors from March to July, once the soil has warmed. Choose a weed-free position on moist, fertile, well drained soil in full sun. Sow pea seed in flat bottomed drills at a distance of 5cm (2in) apart, and 4cm (1½in) deep. Allow a distance of 75cm (30in) between rows. For successional crops, sow peas every 10 days.
When growing peas, regular and thorough watering especially when in flower will improve crop yields. Harvest peas around 14 weeks after sowing when the pods have swollen. Regular picking will encourage further cropping.
Delicious and full of flavour, steamed or boiled the traditional way.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: P&B
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: June to October
- No of Seeds: 300
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.