Photinia Fraseri Red Robin Standard 12-14 CL30Ask a Question
'Red Robin' is a dense medium-sized evergreen shrub of erect habit, with glossy, elliptic leaves to 10cm in length, bright red when young, later dark green. Flowers creamy-white, rather sparse.
Photinia can be evergreen or deciduous shrubs or trees, with simple leaves and panicles of small white flowers, usually followed by red berries
The technical name for this shrub is Photinia x fraseri 'Red Robin'. An evergreen shrub which, if not pruned, reaches a height of 4m / 13ft with a similar spread. Red Robin grows at a rate of about 30cm / 1ft per year when established. It responds very well to pruning and can easily be kept to a height 1.2m / 4ft.
- Common Name: Christmas berry 'Red Robin'
- Family: Rosaceae
- Great For: Low Maintenance Hedging & Screens
- Foliage: Evergreen
- Soil: Clay, Loam, Sand, pH - Acid, Neutral
- Moisture: Well-drained
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Form: Bushy
- Height Supplied: 120-140cm
- Root Type: Potted
- Pot Size: CL30
- After 10-20 years of growth:
- Height: 2.5-4m
- Spread: 2.5-4m
PLANTING & CARE
Planting & Aftercare Advice
Grows best in fertile, humus-rich soil in sun or partial shade
No routine pruning necessary. Remove diseased, damaged, congested or crossing shoots. Shoots that are growing in unwanted directions can also be pruned out. In late winter or early spring.
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
DELIVERY & RETURNS
We deliver Plants and Trees all over Northern Ireland. The price shown is the 'collected' price; an additional delivery fee may apply.
- Automatic free delivery when you spend a minimum of £100.
- For smaller orders, please contact us for a competitive delivery quotation.
Delivery is made to your driveway or another area that is an accessible area of 'hard standing' where a large van can safely navigate at the address listed on the delivery schedule.
We have two kinds of delivery depending on the size of the tallest tree in your order - Standard Size and Oversized.
Standard plants and trees can be delivered by our own vehicles and are also suitable for pallet delivery.
Oversized plants are specified on the product page. Oversized plants and trees can only be delivered by our own vehicles and are not suitable for pallet delivery.
Deliveries are usually made within 7 working days. Our standard delivery days are Monday to Friday between 9 am and 5 pm. Please contact us by email if you have particular delivery requirements.