Thompson & Morgan Poppy Hungarian Blue
‚Hungarian Blue‚ offers a beautiful, deep violet colour to add sophistication to planting schemes where these lovely poppies will complement the whites and yellows of other flowers. Left in the garden, poppies will self seed, or you can cut the dried stems to use in flower arranging. Alternatively, collect the seeds from the decorative heads and use them in baking and bread making.
Sow thinly just below the surface in well-cultivated soil which has been raked to a fine tilth. When large enough to handle, thin seedlings to 15-30cm (6-12in) apart. Removing spent flower heads will encourage further blooming.
CAUTION: All poppies are poisonous. However, the SEEDS produced by this specific variety can be eaten. Typically used in bakery recipes. Write to us for a leaflet with recipes that use a wide range of edible flowers.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - F
- Category: Flower
- Hardiness: -
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: July to September
- Harvesting Period: -
- No of Seeds: 500
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.