Thompson & Morgan Radish Bluemoon and Redmoon F1 Hybrid MixAsk a Question
New Asian breeding has produced this unique red and blue-skinned and fleshed radish. Roots that are more conical than round in shape are visually stunning sliced into salads and are equally tasty added to cooked dishes such as stir fries. The flesh is crisp with a pleasant, mild pungency. Harvest from 60 days as required.
Sow very thinly, 1cm (½in) deep in drills 30cm (12in) apart in soil which has been raked to a fine tilth. Water ground regularly, especially during dry periods. Optimum sowing times are June to late August, earlier sowings may bolt (run to seed).
When large enough to handle, thin out seedlings to 15cm (4in) apart. Our trials showed that thinning to this distance will produce optimum quality, but plant distances will influence eventual root size. Keep plants cool and moist to prevent running to seed. Roots from later sowings can be lifted and stored for winter use in trays of barely moist compost or sand.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: -
- Longevity: -
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: August to November
- No of Seeds: 100
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.