Thompson & Morgan Runner Bean Scarlet Emperor
Heavy crops of long smooth textured dark-green 30-37cm (12-15in pods). Excellent for freezing and exhibition.
Prefers to be grown in fertile, moist yet well drained soil which has had plenty of well rotted compost dug into it the previous autumn. For an an early start sow seeds from mid spring in artificial heat (propagator, greenhouse, warm room) in peat pots and plant out after last expected frost. Outdoors do not sow until at least 10 days after last frost, 5cm (2in) deep. Sow 2 seeds every 30cm (12in) in rows 38cm (15in) apart.
Remove weaker seedlings after germination. Make sure your soil is warm and avoid it becoming baked hard. Water regularly and liquid feed every 14 days during mid summer. A thick mulch will help conserve moisture.
Pick the beans regularly a little on the young side to ensure top quality and prolonged cropping.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: P&B
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Half hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: July to October
- No of Seeds: 40
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.