Thompson & Morgan Shallot Lorient F1 HybridAsk a Question
The culmination of 14 years’ British breeding. A round, pink brown shallot with crisp, white flesh tinged with pink. Shallots are higher in dry matter content than onions and the concentration of volatiles (which make you cry) is higher. Shallots are also higher in sugars which, masked in the raw state, are noticeable when cooked to a high temperature as they caramelise and make the shallot taste sweeter.
Sow thinly into well raked soil where the plants are to be cropped. Make succesional sowings, 1cm (½in) deep in drills 30cm (12in) apart. Thin seedlings to 5cm (2in) apart when large enough to handle.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: August onwards
- No of Seeds: 100
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.