Thompson & Morgan Spinach Red VeinedAsk a Question
A decorative spinach variety bringing flavour and colour to the plate. Unusual red veining and red stems make this a stand out variety on the veg patch. Excellent as a baby leaf for salad use, when picked around 35 days from sowing. The leaf veining becomes more pronounced as the plants mature into large leaves. Good downy mildew resistance, but water regularly in hot spells to prevent bolting.
Direct sow spinach outdoors from March to August in well prepared, fertile, moist soil in sun or semi shade. Early spring and autumn sowings can also be made under cloches or in the border soil of a cold greenhouse. Sow seeds thinly at a depth of 1cm (½in) in drills 30cm (12in) apart in soil which has been raked to a fine tilth.
When large enough to handle, thin out seedlings to 5cm (2in) apart. The thinnings are ideal for adding to salads. Sow every 3 to 4 weeks for a continual supply of spinach leaves throughout summer and autumn.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Biennial
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: July, August, September, October, November
- No of Seeds: 500
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.