Thompson & Morgan Spring Onion Lilia
A dual purpose Italian variety with a pungent flavour. Spring Onion Lilia is best grown as a salad onion with nice, dark green leaves and a shiny, intense red inner core. Onion Lilia can also be grown as a maincrop, storing bulb onion. When fully mature it shows off its defined red and white inner rings.
Sow seeds March-August for salads, March-April as a bulb onion. Seeds are best sown thickly in broad drills for pulling as salad/ bunching onions. Sow 13mm (¬Ωin) deep, in drills 30cm (12in) apart. If sowing for mature bulbs, sow seed more thinly.
No need to thin seedlings for salads. If for bulbs, thin to 5cm (2in) for smaller bulbs or 1cm (4in) for larger bulbs.
Will grow in any fertile, well-drained soil in full sun. Keep well watered.
FORM & SPECIFICATION
- Range: A-Z - V
- Category: Vegetable
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Longevity: Annual
- Flowering Period: -
- Harvesting Period: June, July, August, September, October
- No of Seeds: 500
- Measured By: Seed
PRICE CHECK GUARANTEE
Subject to management discretion, your product may be eligible for price matching if it is:
- Identical to a competitor's i.e. the product must be a matching brand, model number and colour, and offered on the same terms and warranty.
- Both of our item and the competitor's items must be currently in stock.
- The current UK store or website price, inclusive of VAT and delivery charges. We must be able to verify the competitor’s price and stock position.
BULBS & SEEDS DELIVERY
UK tracked delivery
- FREE when you spend £60 or more
- £2.99 when you spend between £30 and £59.99
- £4.95 when you spend up to £29.99
Timescale: Please allow 2-4 working days to receive your delivery for UK and Northern Ireland.
NB: Regional islands and remote areas are excluded. We can price by quotation.